Hello. It looks like you're after a new job. Either that or someone you know read this ad and thought 'this job sounds perfect for [your name here]' and sent it to you. Truth is we don't mind how you got here - the good news is you're reading this ad right now.
About the role
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager you will be responsible for maintaining HainesAttract’s financial processes. With the support of the Management team and other staff as required, develop and implement best practice procedures for the finance function of the business, taking into account generally accepted accounting practices. This will also include processes and enhancements for finance related systems.
More specifically you will:
- Produce all monthly financial reports for the business in a timely manner
- Provide advice and guidance to the budget holders in understanding and interpreting financial results and the analysis of the management reports
- Contribute to the financial planning and budgeting processes by providing the management team with accurate information is gathered for budgeting
- Identify, recommend, and implement improvements to financial processes and business practices
- Lead and manage designated finance projects designed to increase business efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure the integrity of the General Ledger through review and reconciliation of the balance sheet and trial balance
- Oversees media and trade payables function
Skills and experience
We're looking for an experienced Accountant to hit the ground running.
Alongside a great attitude, maturity and good (maybe slightly wacky?) sense of humour you’ll need to:
- Accounting Degree or similar
- Working towards becoming a member of the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants (AT, ACA or CA) or equivalent
- Ideally three years experience within a financial/ accounting role
- Advanced Microsoft suite ability – specifically with Excel
- Exposure to a business within the Recruitment or Recruitment Marketing industry
We have a great office, with an espresso machine (yay!) and the working environment is awesome. We can offer you a competitive package with and a range of perks like flexible working, fitness subsidies, free fruit, cake on your birthday as well as Friday snacks and wine (who doesn’t love a good cheese board, am I right?).
We live and breathe by our values of:
- being people experts – we get people and know what makes them tick!
- adaptable – understanding, customising and adapting solutions to suit
- ambitious – staying ahead of the game, embracing change and encouraging new ideas
- we’re better together – the magic happens when we effectively collaborative as a team
Our team know how to have fun whilst working hard and achieving outstanding results!
If this sounds like you, then apply now. We’d love to have you!