A little about us:
Anthony Harper is a top, internationally ranked, award winning law firm with offices in Auckland and Christchurch. We have the largest specialist retirement village practice in NZ with six legal executives focused on settlements for over 100 villages ranging from large groups to small not-for-profits.
About the opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Executive to join our Retirement Villages team. This role is responsible for managing settlements for retirement village operators, providing high quality advice, documentation and settlement services for resident entries and exits. This is a busy and varied role so will require someone who thrives and can deliver quality results under pressure, adapts well to change and responds positively to feedback.
In this role, day to day, responsibilities will include:
- Receiving and completing instructions from retirement villages and producing high quality advice and documentation for resident entries and exits.
- Communicating with solicitors acting for residents, village owners and managers, and statutory supervisors.
- Producing and providing information and reports as required.
- Arranging all matters relating to settlements, including execution of documents, monitoring of settlement monies, negotiating arrangements for non-standard settlements and attending to follow-up work.
- Actively participating as required in team and firm business development activities, including relevant seminars and functions, and building strong and positive client relationships.
- Setting up files, creating database records and entering information.
- Preparation and filing of documents and correspondence.
We're looking for someone who has a minimum of 2 years' experience in a legal executive role and some experience working with settlements and conveyancing would be helpful. You will be professionally resilient and an efficient multi-tasker as well as client and service focused. Your ability to adapt well to change and deliver quality results under pressure is important, as is your desire to be a collaborative, responsive and flexible team player.