The Senior Desktop Support Engineer is responsible for supporting staff in their use of business systems and other technologies. They will also assist with the design, build and ongoing support of a new scalable, highly available, and resilient Azure solution. A key focus is on continuous improvement for our existing and planned systems to provide a reliable corporate application and collaboration platform as well as excellent and effective end user experience for all staff.
Technical Desktop Support Lead
• Takes a lead role in supporting the new Azure infrastructure and Desktop environment across all Tū Ora Compass Health sites.
• Assists with troubleshooting and resolve technical problems within the Tū Ora ICT platforms.
• Provides technical training and support to Tū Ora and other medical/clinical customers for agreed services.
• Monitors, collects, and analyses software, hardware, database, and network-generated metrics to ensure performance standards are met and implement solutions to optimise the environment.
• Administers and supports cloud-based systems and related services (Azure, Office365, Teams, etc.)
• Assists with security configuration, monitoring and auditing.
• Resolves escalated Service Desk incident and service request tickets. Assists other IS team members with technical support issues as required.
• Skilled and experienced in the use and management of Azure and Microsoft 365 tools, including Azure AD, Defender ATP, Teams, SharePoint365, Endpoint/Intune
• Evaluates systems by performing detailed analysis and monitoring to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Provides technical expertise for enterprise IT projects from requirements to implementation.
• Assists with the day-to-day operational support for desktop support and Azure environments.
• Provides input and technical direction for development of a comprehensive Disaster Recovery Plan.
• Collaborates with stakeholders to schedule and successfully implement solutions that meet expectations and conform to an established change management process.
• Call flow management according to an Operational Level Agreement on agreed performance standards
• Helps review Key Performance Indicators to measure effectiveness of the Desktop Support function
• All calls to be logged and ensuring all 3rd parties provide meaningful and timely input to ensure call resolution
• Provide break/fix support in all business environments for all computers, mobile phones and other devices, monitors, keyboards, mice cables, and other peripheral devices
• Problem identification and escalation
• Creation and maintenance of support documentation including fixes or workarounds in the Confluence Knowledge base
• Patching and upgrading computers, applications, firmware, other devices, network infrastructure and Azure environments
• Perform advanced diagnostics on Azure and other services, including Azure Active Directory, Office365, SQL and others
• Call abandonment rates; response times; customer engagement rates; and other agreed metrics are achieved
• ITIL disciplines will become embedded into the team, and exceptional customer service will be enshrined into the team’s ethos
• All calls will be owned by the Desktop Support team, even when forwarded to others for resolution
• Goal is to achieve 90%+ first call resolution rates
• Actively identify opportunities for improvement using Lean methodologies and customer engagement through surveys and other feedback channels
• The use of internal and external resources and interaction with other IT team members and vendors for fault identification and resolution