The Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture is seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join the Shafts and Microtunnels team on the Central Interceptor Project.
The Central Interceptor is a wastewater tunnel that will run between the Māngere Wastewater Treatment Plant and Grey Lynn. Along the route it will connect to the existing wastewater network, which will divert flows and overflows into the tunnel to reduce overflows.
Be part of the team and get amongst the micro tunnelling action involving 7 pipe jacks of up to 2.8m cut diameter, with the longest micro tunnel being 970m in length and 65m in depth, using a Herrenknecht EPB microtunnelling machine.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide support to the Senior Project Engineer with the programming of site activities, documentation, resource management as well as tracking and identification of claims.
Some of the things you’ll get in involved in:
- Liaise and coordinate with client, stakeholders and service providers to ensure any issues are raised early enough to be dealt with and not affect programme
- Monitor works to ensure that they are carried out in a safe manner in line with all relevant temporary works designs, specifications, methodologies
- Assist in the preparation of safety, quality and environmental plans, including safe work method statements and construction method statements, ITPs, and purchasing Plans
- Play a proactive role in cost control and assist with claims by early identification and tracking
- Accurately document project activity duration and progress to enable effective budget tracing and reliable progress reports
- Monitor, track and assess subcontractor, suppliers and plant onsite
- Forecast materials, plant, labour requirements
- Provide training and mentoring to Site Engineers
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Project Engineer working in the civil infrastructure sector
- Solid experience in microtunneling essential
- Degree qualification in civil engineering
- Site administration experience, including the compiling of ITP’s, JSA/SWMS, CEP's
- Proficient in Microsoft software including Microsoft Project
- Positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- Progressive thinking and robust project administration capabilities
- Communication that is clear, concise and easily understood both in written and verbal form
If you are looking to make a positive impact, be part of a legacy project that has wide reaching benefits for Auckland and the community then we want to hear from you.