Would you like the opportunity to join a fresh and growing Company?
Are you currently lost in 1,000’s in your current organisation?
- Are you looking for flexible working conditions?
Who are Urban Connection?
Urban Connection are passionate Transportation and Civil Engineers based in Hawke’s Bay and Christchurch. We only work closely with the best industry professionals to deliver quality results and provide an integrated one stop delivery for our clients. Our team is passionate about road safety and transport engineering and is involved across the country supporting various road safety initiatives and delivering business cases for a range of transport projects. We have extensive experience delivering projects for private sector, local authorities and NZ Transport Agency. Our clients enjoy working with us and appreciate our strong focus on quality, pragmatic solutions and ability to deliver under pressure.
We are seeking a Senior to Principal level Transport Engineer at a professional level who can lead and deliver a range of transport projects for Waka Kotahi New Zealand Transport Agency, local authority and private sector clients. Projects will include feasibility assessments, transport economics, business cases, safety strategies and transportation studies.
The role requires a driven person who will develop strong client relationships, supplier partnerships and grow our market profile at both a regional and national level.
You will work closely with our existing team and help grow our future team. The role with have significant autonomy, whist supported by our Directors. With a level of nimbleness not found in larger companies you will be able to trial and implement new delivery models, tools and systems.
- 10+ years experience in the Transport planning / Engineering industry
- Relevant technical qualification
- Experience in both the public and private sectors
- Experience or solid working knowledge of the Better Business Case Model
- Transport Agency investigation and reporting experience
- Solid knowledge of traffic engineering, transport planning and road safety
- Business development experience
- Team player who can also operate independently
- Mentoring and coaching of staff experience
We are offering:
- Flexible location. Remote first workforce
- Attractive package with bonuses
- Hours or annual leave packages to suit
- Future opportunity based on performance to become an Associate with shareholding
- Technical training
- Focus / passion topic area to be agreed which you will have the ability to develop and grow personally within the business with an allocated research and development budget
- A guarantee that you won’t be treated like a number
- Mentoring and coaching
Support by a management team with proven record on growing consultancies; This is your chance to take that next step and use your technical know-how together with your investigation, analytical and design skills to deliver excellent service to our key and emerging clients in New Zealand.
If this sounds like you, apply now! For more information, please contact Carly Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org