We are currently working alongside a leading engineering and environmental consultancy that service clients across various industries in New Zealand, Australia, Malaysia and the wider Asia Pacific region.
They have a great reputation and a proven track record of delivering complex projects in a range of sectors, including transportation, infrastructure, and environmental management.
This could be an opportunity for a Coastal Engineer to join a diverse team of award-winning engineers, scientists, planners and project managers.
With more than a thousand employees across the country, they have a strong culture and really know how to look after their team by providing a wide variety of benefits, from learning and development opportunities to wellness benefits.
You will need to have at least 4 years’ experience in consulting practice with good experience on a broad range of coastal engineering projects. You will have significant design experience and possess strong client facing skills.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide support as member of project teams
- Designing, planning, and managing projects related to coastal areas and waterfronts
- Client liaison and coordination including reports on progress
- Provide input into the preparation of work proposals
- Carry out engineering investigations and analysis including data collection and verification
- Provide company-wide expertise on coastal engineering projects
- Accurate calculations and high-quality analysis of results, including cost estimation preparation of work specifications
- Develop flood management and drainage strategies for clients exposed to coastal flooding during heavy rainfall or storm events
- Assess the environmental impact of coastal development projects, considering factors such as habitat preservation, water quality, and the protection of endangered species
- Data and computer modelling to predict coastal processes, such as erosion and sediment transport
- Work with clients to formulate strategies for managing and preserving shorelines, including strategies for beach nourishment, dune restoration, and coastal vegetation preservation
You will be rewarded with a salary package commensurate with skills and experience.